Tuesday, February 8, 2011

oh how you take me back 5.8.10

i love music. i love to listen to it, i love to play it, i love to create it. i think music has power. i'm not sure that anything can take me back to a moment or time quite like a song can. today i heard a song and it only took a few notes to take me to a time and place long, long ago.

sometimes this process is amazing and full of the fondest memories but sometimes......sometimes its just a reminder of where you were. not exactly where you were in the sense of location but where you were in a relationship or where you were in your personal journey of growth. today's particular song reminded of who i have become. the ten years that brought me through my 20's and into "those other years" were full of mistakes and full of successes. it has been quite a journey but every part of that journey has brought me to today. all the mud and muck of relationships gone bad, or relationships outgrown have become some sense of fertilizer to boost me into the person that i am.

so bring it on! songs of the past, i'm not scared of you...i welcome you and thanks for being such an important part of who i am. i will continue to let music be part of who i am, part of my relationships, part of my worship, part of my failures, and part of my successes.

"Words make you think a thought. Music makes you feel a feeling. A song makes you feel a thought." ~E.Y. Harburg

No comments:

Post a Comment